cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Employee
Views: 8,225
Message 1 of 50

Hello from the SL team!

Hi everyone, my name is Brandon Hoe and I'm one of the product managers on the ThinkPad SL team. Thank you for visiting and participating in this forum. I'm here to serve as the "voice of SL", but more importantly, I'm here to be the "ears" for my team. We want to know what you think of our product, what you think we can improve on and where you think we should be headed. My schedule is pretty full, but I will attempt to check in regularly and post responses to questions you may have. Thanks again, and I look forward to chatting with all of you.
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 8,206
Message 2 of 50

Re: Hello from the SL team!

Hey Brandon, welcome on board!! Great to have you joined here Smiley Wink

T410, x240

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 8,193
Message 3 of 50

Hello Brandon,

great to hear Lenovo´s ear on SL-TP´s!

The SL series seem to gain more attention, than the famous X300 or X200. Smiley Happy

It´s because of it´s smart design, price and attractive form factors, like my old R60!

Kind regards!

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using Lenovo Yoga C930, ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th Gen. Silver Edition, ThinkPad 13, Yoga 900, ThinkPad T460s, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 8,175
Message 4 of 50

Hi, Brandon, and welcome to the forum!  We're glad you're here!

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

Softi
Token Ring
Views: 8,151
Message 5 of 50

Hi Brandon,  welcome to this forum, it is most welcome to see Lenovo's design team take a vivid interest.  The SL product promises to be a welcome addition to the SMB marketplace and if it lives up to the promises will fill a void there nicely!  Eh from Canada.
Former Employee
Views: 8,052
Message 6 of 50

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! I'm glad to see that there are 2 Malaysians who are active on the SL boards - I'm also originally from Malaysia. PJ, to be precise.

Thanks to all of you who see the SL series for what it is - a purpose-built SMB machine that gives many SMB customers an attractive, affordable system that both works and plays well. For the SMB customers who still want a T-series or an X-series, we've continued to improve these platforms for you. For the rest of you, we've provided you with a solid option that retains all the major ThinkPad features - reliability, durability, great system management tools, the trackpoint/touchpad combo and what is arguably the best keyboard on any mass-produced notebook computer.

I will soon be starting a blog that's focused on small business, and I invite those of you who are small business owners to visit it when it comes online and share your thoughts with me. I hope to serve as a resource and sounding board, not just for PC-related news, but about small business in general. I am very excited about it, and I look forward to chatting with you there!

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 8,050
Message 7 of 50

Hey brandon! Yup yup I'm now located in PJ office and wish to see you when you are back! Btw, great to know you are in NC Smiley Happy

So which blog are you joining soon? Is it Lenovo Blog? Do you have any idea that when SL Series would be coming to Malaysia?

Cleo

T410, x240

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

JamesKwok
Paper Tape
Views: 8,020
Message 8 of 50

Hi Brandon, it's really nice to know that you are from Malaysia too. How's the development of your coming new blog? Is it also in the lenovoblog? I'm really looking forward to your blog specially dedicated to the SL Thinkpad and also to SMBs. and I hope too that it will cover the home users too. i's sure you won't ignore us Brandon. Can Lenovo release more beautiful and detailed pictures of the SL in its official website, or maybe in this forums, or in the DesignMatters? I'm sure that there a lot of us who really want to have a deeper look into this new machine. and again, when will it arrive at Malaysia? as I'm typing this message to you with my 3000, I'm also looking at SL images and reviews in laptogmag.com again and again. I just can't resists myself from looking at it the machine and searching for reviews and news about it. I am looking forward for the SL to arrive here and for sure I will get myself one and will persuade my brother who owns an R, to buy this one for his wife =)
Former Employee
Views: 7,929
Message 9 of 50

James, I will try to get high resolution pictures of the ThinkPad SL posted in my blog so that you can view the SL in greater detail. Thank you for your vote of support on the ThinkPad SL. It's great to see such strong support for this system, even though you haven't even seen one in person yet!
Former Employee
Views: 7,898
Message 10 of 50

Hey everyone,

We finally got a chance to get the SL pictures uploaded for your viewing pleasure.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lenovophotolibrary/sets/72157606307899027

Message Edited by nonny on 07-24-2008 04:35 PM
-----------------------------------
Tim Supples
Lenovo Social Media

Got a question? Don't PM me, post it on the forum!
Lenovo Blogs
X60 Tablet SXGA+ primary, Z61p fully loaded workhorse

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors