Options

2 Posts

08-22-2019

NO

1 Signins

140 Page Views

• Views: 140
  • Message 1 of 3

How do I enable edge scrolling on the touchpad on L480?

2019-08-22, 9:49 AM

I have an Lenovo Thinkpad L480 and want to enable edge scrolling, running Windows 10. 

The problem is that I can not find any option to do so.

In the Windows 10 "Settings" (translated from norwegian) app (for devices) under the touchpad group the option to enable/disable two-finger scroll is there but it only applies for that.

There is also a "More settings" (translated from norwegian) link that takes me to a "Mouse Properties" dialog box with the "ThinkPad" tab selected.  The tab has an "advanced settings" button there (which according to the text leads me to settings for the touchpad).  It takes me to an app titled "Elan Smart-Pad".

The "Elan Smart-Pad" has options for "PalmTracking", sensitivity and SmartArea.  None of these contain options to enable edge scrolling.

Going back to the "Mouse Properties" dialog, there is also a "Hardware" tab.  The (only) two devices mentioned there (which both have the type "Mice and other pointing devices")with properties are:

"Elan Input Device for WDF":

- Manufacturer: ELAN

- Device status: This device is working properly.

- Advanced-button -> Details ->Property "Class": Mouse

HID-compliant mouse

- Manufacturer: Microsoft

- Device status: This device is working properly.

- Advanced-button -> Details ->Property "Class": Mouse

To me it seems like either the touchpad is (except for the multi-finger options) interpreted as a mouse, not a touchpad.

So: How do I enable edge scrolling on the touchpad on L480?

Options

1 Posts

08-22-2019

AE

1 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: How do I enable edge scrolling on the touchpad on L480?

2019-08-22, 10:12 AM

To enable touchpad scrolling, set the relevant options under the Mouse property window. To open this window, go to Control Panel > Mouse as shown in the following figure. Refer to the following for different touchpad drivers installed on desktops. Switch to the Device Settings tab, click Settings.

For additional information visit:https://uaedatarecovery.com/data-recovery-dubai/

Options

1817 Posts

08-02-2018

US

697 Signins

10126 Page Views

• Views: 10126
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: How do I enable edge scrolling on the touchpad on L480?

2019-11-27, 18:06 PM

Hi Perok1! Welcome to our fourms community. Did it work before? If yes, was there any recent changes made or any updates installed before the issue arise? Could you provide to us a screenshot of the driver details under the Device Manager? Try running the update from the Vantage app. Install all available updates and restart the computer. Check if the issue is still present.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete