cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dax1tar
Paper Tape
Views: 2,481
Message 1 of 9

I lost ma recovery partition and my Windows Vista Business after installation of XP

HI! i'm new in this forum's!
I've ThinkPad R61e , i received him with Vista business , I wanted to install xp to him, but in same time I removed the partition of restoration of the configuration of origin, I présise which I did not receive with my laptop the DVD of Windows Vista!
Now I would like to recover my Vista but what to make?
Thank's for your help!
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 2,473
Message 2 of 9

Re: I lost ma recovery partition and my Windows Vista Business after installation of XP

You are supposed to make your own recovery discs before you remove the recovery partition.
If by chance the recovery partition is still there you will need to run this tool to repair the F11 function.  It requires a USB floppy drive.
Otherwise you will need to get a set of recovery discs from someone.

Message Edited by carbon_unit on 05-19-2008 08:54 PM

Registered Linux User #160145

FYI: I am not employed by Lenovo
dax1tar
Paper Tape
Views: 2,459
Message 3 of 9

Re: I lost ma recovery partition and my Windows Vista Business after installation of XP

of or could I get Cd?
adelinoaraujo
Paper Tape
Views: 2,384
Message 4 of 9

Can you believe this! I have done that too, and now I don't have the Vista recovery partition.

I'de like to recover that but I've read the paper with a little more attention this time and it really says to backup that partition, or otherwise, there is no way to get it back. Maybe someone else could borrow you the backup they've made.

But I would love to see that Lenovo is going to make a special paper for this FORCE BACKUP! Or find another way to advise they're costumers to REALY do the backup soon as they open the computer!

I have now XP installed, with a few minor mistakes. The last one was that after XP SP3, gdi32.dll was tottaly messed up! No recover possible! It is now restoring my total system again.

Before that, the first restore was perfect. I tryed a second restore to check things up and I verifiyed some graphic problems. The video graph driver was not installed (but the first time was I'm sure of that) and after download and install the correct driver from Lenovo support, the screen went nuts sometimes! Like playing a video, fickering and make it impossible to read anything. If I used the option to shutdown the display, it was complicated and took some time to get it back.

Let's hope this time all goes fine.

But, I'm quite sad about loose my Vista partion. Yes I'm!

Best regards
Adelino Araujo
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Lenovo Thinkpad R61 8918-DEG
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
sandipank
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,358
Message 5 of 9

hello...
I want to remove my Vista from my R61i lenovo...
please tell me the steps...
will it harm my lappy if I install XP???
tell me the steps...
my mail id is sandipank@gmail.com
you can directly reply me...
dax1tar
Paper Tape
Views: 2,292
Message 6 of 9

sandipank , I sent a e@mail to you, so that you help me!
sandipank
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,283
Message 7 of 9

I didnt keep anything of Vista in the lappy...
I formatted it totally...
then installed XP...
wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,141
Message 8 of 9

Okay apparently Lenovo have shipped some XP discs with no clear markings on it that specifically stated that it is a XP restore discs. If that is the case then Mark_Lenovo can help you with the matter regarding obtaining a free Vista Restore discs.
Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 2,125
Message 9 of 9

It should not be necessary to contact Mark, contact support and explain what has happened and they should be able to send you the recovery cds.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors