Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: L, R and SL series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

05-16-2010

Colorado Springs, CO

4 Signins

94 Page Views

• Views: 94
  • Message 1 of 2

InstallShield Wizard fails to launch 3G Connection Manager for Cricket broadband

2010-05-16, 22:11 PM

I have two Lenovo machines, one is an R40 and the other is a R52, both with XP Professional.  The R40 machine allowed the Avanquest 3G Connection Manager to load and Cricket service works fine.  The R52 is a newer machine with Lenovo's Thinkvantage Utilities installed.  Nevertheless, I've been unable to launch the Connection Manager on my R52.  The Installshield Wizard "blinks off" half-way through the set-up process.  I've made attempts to shut-down various applications and even uninstalled Thinkvantage Access Connections.  I've inspected logs inside Event Viewer, and with a novice's eye, didn't see anything suspicious.  Any ideas? 

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Options

5 Posts

05-16-2010

Colorado Springs, CO

4 Signins

94 Page Views

• Views: 94
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: InstallShield Wizard fails to launch 3G Connection Manager for Cricket broadband

2010-05-22, 4:32 AM

I ran IBM System Restore to restore the hard drive to the factory specs when it shipped.  Works fine, now!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms