cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skyhigh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,529
Message 1 of 4

Is there some sort of price match that can be done?

I bought a Thinkpad SL410 on the Lenovo outlet on June 19 and days later the Outlet was offering a summer kick off sale with all products at 50% off until June 24 I believe, well the laptop that I bought was 399.99 at the time but when it was on sale the price dropped to 338.70. The same exact model. I thought of purchasing another one at that price but if I wanted to return the first one i ordered then I would be charged a 15% restocking fee. So my question is, Is there any way I can get a price match for the laptop I purchased, since the price dropped only a couple days later? Also by the way that laptop is supposed to arrive today, so I have not opened it or anything. Any input is helpful, Thanks

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 1,498
Message 2 of 4

Re: Is there some sort of price match that can be done?

i think there is a 2 or 3 weeks price match guarantee, provided you order the exact same spec. Just save the new order into the checkout trolley, then call up Lenovo customer support and requote the transaction number and new order number. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
skyhigh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,490
Message 3 of 4

I just called, and they told me there are no price matches for outlet computers although it was the same laptop model. Any other suggestions? Or perhaps any way I can return it without the restocking fee?

Note from Moderator:  Please don't post the same message in multiple boards/threads as it splinters the discussion.  Duplicate(s) removed.

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 1,472
Message 4 of 4

There is no likelihood that they will waiver the restocking fee unless the machine is defective. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors