09-17-2014 08:21 PM
I recently discovered this issue after an update from Lenovo.
- When I first turn on the machine and the Windows login page appears, the password box begins to fill up with text as if someone is holding down a key. This continues to happen until I click the password box with my mouse.
- I am unable to type "Shift+Y"
- In any and every text box or text editor, the number "6" keeps being printed. This is happening while I'm typing this message and it is very annoying.
I think the issue may be that the last Lenovo update seemed to have failed. I just don't know how to fix it.
The computer is still under a two year warrently.
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-19-2014 03:00 AM
Welcome to Lenovo Community!
As per the query we understood that you are facing the issue with keyboard on your ThinkPad L540.
1. Check whether keyboard have liquid spilled.
2. Check whether key is stuck by foreign matter or cannot bounce as normal.
3. If keyboard is normal then boot the system to safe mode and check if problem persist. If no issue in safe mode then check with restoring the system to earlier date. If issue persists in safe mode then replace KBO.
Hope this helps!
09-26-2014 02:53 AM
I am glad to hear that your issue has been resolved. Please feel free to post in Lenovo Community Forums if you have any further queries!
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!