English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

10-17-2019

US

2 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 1 of 2

L340 noise level on idle

2019-10-17, 10:43 AM

I am thinking about getting this laptop 15 inches, core i5 9300 and Nvidia 1650. Could someone who owns it tell me about noise levels?

Does the fan always spin on idle?

Does it spin when watching video?

Does it spin when browsing the internet?

Options

433 Posts

11-04-2019

US

155 Signins

9457 Page Views

• Views: 9457
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: L340 noise level on idle

2019-11-26, 16:32 PM

Hi Chrisx2x.

Welcome to the Community Forums.

We don't have  statistic's of decidable percentage for the L340, but it makes a soft to moderate audible sound under

normal use, and it will likely switch to a faster, louder mode after about five minutes when your laptop reaches its operating temperature.

Regardless of the model, shape, and size. Many units of laptops come with built in-fan, if your laptops's fan is silent, the air near the vents is calm and the laptop is very hot, the fan is not working. Laptop's has temperature sensors and LED lights to let people know, and laptops of today are very different a decade ago.

If a laptop gets too hot it will typically lock the computer, requiring a shutdown and reboot.

Hope this will address your query.

Dondon_Lenovo.

Regards.
Dondon_Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete