Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pachek
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 5,308
Message 1 of 80

L380 YOGA Display Blink

I have just received 3 days ago my Thinkpad L380 Yoga and the display blinks regularly since out of the box. It goes blank for half a second, is quite anoying being a brand new product. Is this an anomaly (defect) or something in all units to be fixed by LENOVO? Just to know if ask for a replacement or just wait for a BIOS update.

bartiz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,269
Message 2 of 80

Re: L380 YOGA Display Blink

Well, I got mine recently and nothing blinks so I'd say defect. Probably worth contacting Lenovo.
pachek
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 5,262
Message 3 of 80

thanks for taking the time to reply!
LyamineB
Punch Card
Views: 5,209
Message 4 of 80

Hi,

I have this computer since a month, I am faced to the same problem. Screen flickers especially when I used a game on it. For me it's black and not white though. This is not the only issue I have unfortunately, I also have an issue with left USB port. I am going to open a new thread about it.

pachek
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 5,206
Message 5 of 80

Strangely mine stop blonlinb, not sure the reason, installed few window updates but I thought were security updates. Also I changed almost all apps to not resize according Windows settings. Who knows. What's the USB issue about? Is one of the usb-c?

LyamineB
Punch Card
Views: 5,204
Message 6 of 80

LyamineB
Punch Card
Views: 5,191
Message 7 of 80

here is the video of the problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFrubQeNhe4
LyamineB
Punch Card
Views: 5,183
Message 8 of 80

OK, I thought about the problem. This is just an assumption, my screen flickers when I plug my Logitech mouse dongle on the left port (yet this USB port). So I guess this port shares the I/O of the USB-C. Might be a wrong instruction sent from the driver to Window that is thinking the USB device is a screen even if it's not plugged to USB-C port...

To verify my theory I went in the BIOS and switched the shared screen priority from USB-C to HDMI.

Now I plugged the mouse dongle on left USB port, for the moment I don't have flickering anymore.
I am testing the theory and I will let you know if it's resolved.

Moderator note: post edited  to conform with  Community Guidelines

LyamineB
Punch Card
Views: 5,168
Message 9 of 80

Ok,

Here is my feedback. The solution above did not resolve the problem. I checked the Event viewer and found the warning: "The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device USB\VID_06CB&PID_00A2\82b8988605c8." of Kernel-PnP (EventID 219)

It seems to be a driver problem, I uninstalled all USB controllers from device manager then I reinstalled them. I hope this defenitively resolved the problem. Since I did this I don't have any warning shown in the Event Viewer even screen flickering.

Wait and see
aiti
Paper Tape
Views: 5,112
Message 10 of 80

Hi guys, I'm also having this issue with these laptops. Got like 70 of these laptops for school and projectors flicker when using HDMI and left USB port at the same time.

No solutions so far in this issue.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors