Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LoryCeck
Fanfold Paper
Views: 963
Message 11 of 25

Re: L380 Yoga - "slow USB charger connected"

@billie90 wrote:

My suspicion is on the Power Manager driver update version 10.0.88.0 (I received the update on the 25th of March). The weird thing is that rolling back to the previous version doesn't solve the issue, so I'm a bit lost. Also in my case the problem started after some time, more or less after two weeks of normal use (normal charging cicles, I got my laptop on the 11th of March). The even weirder thing is that I have the impression that despite this issues when I plug in the charger, I have normal charging times, as fast as I was used to have before the problem appeared. Do you also have the same impression?

Yes, that's exactly my suspicion. The Power Manager driver update may have caused this problem. And even for me it didn't start immediately but after a couple of weeks. Really weird.

I have not yet figured out if the charging speed is normal.

billie90
Fanfold Paper
Views: 954
Message 12 of 25

If I recall correctly the issue started on the 25th of March for me, but I'm not 100% sure (let's say 90% sure Smiley Wink), after two weeks of normal use. 

Answering your other questions, I have no idea what it takes to have some support from Lenovo here. 

I'm based in Switzerland and I got my L380 Yoga directly from Lenovo.ch. The unit was shipped from China. Ordered on the 26th of February, got it on the 11th of March. 

hbastosvsn
Paper Tape
Views: 945
Message 13 of 25

Based in Spain, arrived last week (29th)

Highlighted
LoryCeck
Fanfold Paper
Views: 897
Message 14 of 25

I contacted technical assistance, they told me that they are aware of this issue and are working on a new update that will be released in the coming weeks and should fix the problem.

hbastosvsn
Paper Tape
Views: 882
Message 15 of 25

thank you for taking the time to contact them and sharing it with us.

just grab your fire extinguishers and hold fast until the update! Smiley Wink

Jokes aside, good to know that at least they are paying attention, and let's hope they launch the update fast enough and that they improve Q&A for the software release process.

Cheers everyone.

Have a nice week

billie90
Fanfold Paper
Views: 874
Message 16 of 25

Thanks a lot! Let's hope that the update this time will solve the problem and not create one Smiley Happy

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 780
Message 17 of 25

Hello,

Could I ask you all receiving the message to post your BIOS version please. If you type System Information into search and then select it the BIOS version should be about the 11th row.

Thanks

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

billie90
Fanfold Paper
Views: 760
Message 18 of 25

Hi, 

BIOS version R0RET36W 1.19 for me. 

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 756
Message 19 of 25

Thanks All for bringing this to our attention.

Engineers have been able to reproduce the described symptoms and a case has been opened to request a fix from the BIOS teams. Actual functionality of the system should not be affected. If people wish to avoid receiving the message a roll back to BIOS version 1.18 R0RET35W will remove the message until a further update is provided for which I currently have no estimated date; it's too early to say.

The immediately previous version 1.18, and others, can be downloaded from the following linked to site, please scroll to the bottom, and please also don't forget to disable the BIOS Secure RollBack Prevention setting in the BIOS Security menu.
https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/sk/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-L-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKPAD-...

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

MSwengel
Fanfold Paper
Views: 654
Message 20 of 25

I had the same issue. I was actually about to return the machine to the store because I thought it was faulty - until I found this thread.

After rolling back to the previous BIOS version, the issue is resolved for now. I'm glad it's a fixable software bug instead of a hardware defect.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors