Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
electronicRAT
Not applicable
Views: 307
Message 1 of 6

L380 Yoga touchscreen and Wacom pen stopped working

I was very satisfied with my machine until 17th May.

My laptop was awake and connected to the internet for a few hours, then put to sleep. When I opened it again, both touchscreen and pen were not working. Maybe that happened after some Vantage autoupdates while computer was awake.

I didn't have time to deal with this problem then, and some more updates came,  but they didn't solve the problem.

(actually thanks to BIOS update I now also have a slow charging bug, but lenovo says it will be fixed soon).

I cant see any Wacom or touchscreen devices in Device Manager under HID category.

When I open Lenovo Pen Settings app, it says "This app requires Wacom Pen driver to be installed" and gives a link to appropriate driver.

I tried installing it, the error came "the supported tablet was not found on the system".

Wacom touch firmware package also can't install because "Target device not found", and in Windows settings it shows "no pen or touch inut availible for this display".

So driver installation didn't work.

It doesn't look like a hardware problem since i barely moved the laptop that day and it never fell or crushed.

Please help me out, I hope that full rollback is not the only option left!

ThinkPad L380 Yoga
Product number: 20M7001BRT
Current BIOS: R0RET36W 1.19
Current Windows: 1809 build 17763.475

matt_lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 239
Message 2 of 6

Re: L380 Yoga touchscreen and Wacom pen stopped working

Hi electronicRAT! 

Welcome to the community forums.

Could you check the device manager if the HID-touchscreen is detected? See this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/4026149/windows-open-device-manager

The driver is under Human Interface device. If you don't see it. On the top part click View>show hidden devices. 

If you see the HID-touchscreen and looks gray. It means that the hardware is not detected. This is a hardware issue. 

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Matt_lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

electronicRAT
Not applicable
Views: 226
Message 3 of 6

Hi matt_lenovo

Mac_Lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 216
Message 4 of 6

The drivers are missing. Please download and install Lenovo Vantage, so your machine can look for the updated drivers and software. Link here, https://support.lenovo.com/by/en/solutions/ht505081

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

electronicRAT
Not applicable
Views: 203
Message 5 of 6

The thing is, I alredy have Vantage installed and it tells that everything is up to date.

matt_lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 188
Message 6 of 6

Showing on the screenshot provided. The touchscreen is not detected. This is a hardware issue. We recommend bringing the laptop to the nearest service provider in your area using this link: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/serviceprovider?Source=social_eservices&Medium=LITHIUM&Term=eServ...

Regards,

Matt_lenovo

Moderator comment: Link expanded for transparency.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors