Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LuFu
Paper Tape
Views: 895
Message 1 of 5

L380 & Lenovo Vantage - Battery Draining When Turned Off

Hello together,

I'm using a new Thinkpad L380 for about 4 weeks and have been experiencing battery drain issues when off since the first day.

After all possible corrections found on this forum (Bios Update, Win10 QuickStart, Managment Foundation... and some more) it now comes down to a final observation:

When I shut down the computer and the battery threshold in Lenovo Vantage is off, it will keep its charge for two or more days without loosing a single percent of battery charge.

If I shut off the computer with battery threshold activated (e.g. after using it at a docking station), the charge will decrease by approx. 6% every 12 hours, so after a weekend without use more than 30% of the battery charge has disappeared.

I was very surprised to find out, that this for sure is the only remaining issue, but I can repeat it over and over again and everytime I deactivate the battery threshold function, my battery will keep its charge when shut down.

Is there any solution or improved Lenovo Vantage functionality (current is 4.12.13) known or to be expected to solve this issue?

Thank you for any helpful reply

supadupa
Paper Tape
Views: 749
Message 2 of 5

Re: L380 & Lenovo Vantage - Battery Draining When Turned Off

I have L580 that also started to drain the battery while off. At first it worked ok for 3-4 months. I don't know if it began to drain just before or after i made an update including bios. 

I was very satisfied with my purchase, long work time on battery but now it's pretty useless when i need to keep it plugged all the time.

I have tried to google over this issue and it seems that many others suffers the same problem, with diffrent thinkpad laptops. Howcome this problem is not solved yet? 

Lenovo Employee joefoxK
Lenovo Employee
Views: 673
Message 3 of 5

hi,whether you do the same setting in lenovo vantage and this issue appear? or this is nothing about threshold setting in lenovo vantage

Lenovo Employee joefoxK
Lenovo Employee
Views: 671
Message 4 of 5

Hi,Lufu, when this symptom was found whether USB C dock was attached ,but AC was not pluged-in.

LuFu
Paper Tape
Views: 661
Message 5 of 5

Hello,

I will describe the situation again, as it might been understood, that it is linked to the usb-c dock, which is wrong:

1) I use the computer with the battery thresholds in Lenovo Vantage activited (40% -60%) and it stays correctly at 60% without charging,
this is true when running on the USB-C dock, but when directly plugged with the charger it is exactly the same.

2) I switch it off and disconnect it to move around in a suitcase.

3) When turned on after 48 hours, charge has lost 24%, if it was only 12 hours it looses 12%

4) If I disconnect the battery via BIOS not a single % is lost after 48%

5) Even when I use it on battery for some minutes and store it another day without charging the loss continues.

To my big surprise I can change the behavior, if I switch the thresholds in L Vantage off and wait for the message 'Charging# to appear. If I then switch off and disconnect, the charge will remain at the exact same level, even when stopped for 48h.

I hope this describtion is better than the previous one.

Thank you for any help.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors