Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdubay4870
What's DOS?
Views: 269
Message 11 of 20

Re: L390 Yogas not charging

I got a technician's attention the other day. But, was not able to demonstrate to the Support Staff. I hope to get a machine to demonstrate the situation "live" to the user. Keep this group posted.

Schooltech
Serial Port
Views: 266
Message 12 of 20

Well that is a big issue I have been having.  I have seen the issue quite a bit.  I went though our ticketing system yesterday, and we have had 24 sepreate L390s have the issue.  Unfortunately I can't replicate it on my own, so still can't prove what is causing the issue.

DG24
What's DOS?
Views: 223
Message 13 of 20

Had this issue for the first time today on my new L390.  The tech at my office knew what to do (paperclip on bottom to reset), so sounds like this is an ongoing issue.  If anyone can confirm the BIOS update worked consistently, would be great to hear.

TheTechGuyRob
Paper Tape
Views: 203
Message 14 of 20

This is the same scenario our high school is in. We've ordered around 350 L390's and about 12-15 are having issues on, when the user lets the battery charge die down to them getting a warning, when they plug in the charging cord the computer doesn't recognize the power cord is plugged in. Some of these have been sent back to Levono and they have kept them for up to 3 weeks to a month. When I got them back they said they replaced the battery and the system board. However the last user is still on the login page. If the system board was replaced then wouldn't we have lost our school image from the computer?
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 199
Message 15 of 20

@TheTechGuyRob wrote:
When I got them back they said they replaced the battery and the system board. However the last user is still on the login page. If the system board was replaced then wouldn't we have lost our school image from the computer?

I have no specific knowlege of what they actually did, but if they truly only replaced the system board they would have reused the SSD containing your image.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Schooltech
Serial Port
Views: 183
Message 16 of 20

We haven't been sending any in for the fact that we know how to resolve the issue (hasn't happened to any computer more than once after reseting with the pin hole), and lenovo seems to be lost to the issue also.  

One thing I just noticed recently though....the L390 Yogas have 2 USB C ports next to each other.  When this issue occurs, the top port (the one with the LED next to it) does not work for charging, however the one beneth it (closer to the user) does work for charging the machine.  After doing the hard reset, the top port works again normally.

Monica4Yang
What's DOS?
Views: 124
Message 17 of 20

I had this problem, could get it to work again if I took off the bottom, disconnected and reconnected my battery. However, after doing this every 2-3 days I sent it in to them. They replaced the harddrive and it obviously reformatted my computer, major pain!

This all happened to me, a PhD student, one month into my program. Today, 2 months later, it's happening again. They told me to send it in again and lose my computer for another 1.5 weeks (not reasonable for a $1000 machine IMO). They said a tech would check the battery, too... but it's holding a charge just fine?

I'm not an IT person, can someone tell me what the "pin in the bottom" trick is? Where do I poke my computer to get it to charge?!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 121
Message 18 of 20

@Monica4Yang wrote:

I'm not an IT person, can someone tell me what the "pin in the bottom" trick is? Where do I poke my computer to get it to charge?!

Page 8 of your user's guide. https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/l390_l390yoga_ug_v2_en.pdf

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Monica4Yang
What's DOS?
Views: 103
Message 19 of 20

My hero, thank you, it's charging!

ido123
What's DOS?
Views: 45
Message 20 of 20

@Monica4Yang wrote: 

I have found an easy solution - no paperclip required:

Preperations:

1)Make sure FnLock is on, esc button has a light. If not, press Fn+Esc.

2)Disconnect any peripheral devices from the laptop, including the charger.

Do the following steps x2(twice):

1)Disconnect charger from computer.

2)Shut down computer.

3)Hold the power button for ~40 seconds - your laptop will reboot a few times.

-You should stop holding when the laptop has been shut down - the FnLock light should be off.

3)Connect adapter.

4)Turn computer on.

Why does it work?:

Your laptop components build up static electricity, and this method discharges the built up energy.

Additional benefits:

This method can actually boost your laptop performance and prevent other problems from occuring.

Have a nice day!Smiley Tongue

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors