Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
punit
Paper Tape
Views: 10,457
Message 1 of 6

L412 Wifi not working

Dear Masters

Need help in solving my laptop Wifi issue : I am not able to connect to any Wifi AP : as it always shows me No Network connection found : when I run Diagnosis  I can see following message

Wireless capability is turned off Not fixed 

Turn on wireless capability Completed 

Use the switch on the front or side of the computer, or function keys if available, to enable wireless capability on this computer.

I am not able to see any such key on my keyboard > but when I get into adaptor property I can see it is enable

additional details as follows

Network adapter Local Area Connection driver information:

Description . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20)
   Manufacturer  . . . . . . . . . : Realtek
   Provider  . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft
   Version   . . . . . . . . . . . : 7.2.1127.2008
   Inf File Name . . . . . . . . . : D:\Windows\INF\netrtx32.inf
   Inf File Date . . . . . . . . . : 13 July 2009  20:46:34
   Section Name  . . . . . . . . . : RTL8168D.ndi
   Hardware ID . . . . . . . . . . : pci\ven_10ec&dev_8168&rev_03
   Instance Status Flags . . . . . : 0x180200a
   Device Manager Status Code  . . : 0
   IfType  . . . . . . . . . . . . : 6
   Physical Media Type . . . . . . : 14

punit
Paper Tape
Views: 10,300
Message 2 of 6

Re: L412 Wifi not working

When I start the computer and see the Login-Screen  the networkicon left to the betteryicon have a red cross. After I log into Windows, I have no wireless connection availible.

Guru
Views: 10,280
Message 3 of 6

Welcome to the forum!

The "enabled" adapter that you're seeing is your wired LAN, and not the wireless card.

The physical switch to turn the wireless on is not on the keyboard. I don't have a L412 to look at, but it should be either on the front under the keyboard portion, or on one of the sides.

Good luck.

Cheers,

George

In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410

Collecting dust: T60

Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.
abhi009
What's DOS?
Views: 9,163
Message 4 of 6

Hello TEAM,

WE HAVE INSTALLED ALL DRIVERS IN LENOVO TINKPAD L412 BUT WE ARE FACING ISSUE WITH WIFI DRIVERS .LAPTOP WIFI UNABBLE TO SWITCH FORM ONE ACCESS POINT TO ANOTHE ACCESS POINT .WE HAVE TRIED WITH UPGRADING THE DRIVERS AND ALSO DEGRADING THE DRIVERS BUT ITS NOT WORKING. BUT ANTOTHE COMPANY LAPTOP FOR EG TOSHIBA , DELL ARE WORKING FINE. 

THANKS IN ADVANCED.

prasunmaity478
What's DOS?
Views: 8,464
Message 5 of 6

I have lenovo L412 model,i have installed all driver,bt the problem is that ,when ever i'm connecting to any wi-fi AP,providing the correct password,then also it is saying no internet access.though i'm accessing that  AP from my phone and other laptop also.So ,can you suggest any possible way to solve this problem.

itoaj38
What's DOS?
Views: 6,240
Message 6 of 6

On the L412 there is a little WiFi switch on the right of the front side of the computer. When it's in the OFF position its black in color, when you've switched it to it's ON position it's green and most importantly if there's no other issues your WiFi should work.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors