Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: L, R and SL series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-06-2011

Tucson, AZ

3 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 1 of 6

L420 Touchpad/Mouse buttons stop working

2011-06-06, 0:48 AM

Hi, Im having a small issue with my L420... every now and then the mousepad wont work. The touchpad may give out, and the red trackpoint remain functional, or vice-versa, or both may go out. I find that changing the voume, or typing sometimes solves this issue. I do have an external mouse that i plug in when this happens, but i do not want this issue to get any worse. 

This may be unrelated, and may need a new post, but sometimes when this happens, my keyboard gets REALLY messed up... Typing "X" for example will make a "/", and the keys i press type something completley random.. Letters typed, will show up as numbers, or dashes, etc. At this point, i just restart my laptop and it corrects itself... any help?

Options

2484 Posts

04-11-2011

Malaysia

1300 Signins

16673 Page Views

• Views: 16673
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: L420 Touchpad/Mouse buttons stop working

2011-06-09, 3:34 AM
hey troop4five,

i would like you to uninstall the mouse/trackpoint drivers from your unit and let windows install its generic drivers.

see if the issue occurs

then go to http://support.lenovo.com and reinstall the drivers

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Options

6 Posts

03-07-2009

New Hampshire

13 Signins

81 Page Views

• Views: 81
  • Message 3 of 6

2011-06-16, 18:11 PM
@troop4five:

Did you end up resolving your mouse/keyboard issues? I am experiencing all of the _exact same_ symptoms on my new L520. Reinstalling the driver has not worked for me.

My full post can be found here:
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/R-and-L-Series-ThinkPad-Laptops/Ultranav-issues/m-p/456953/message-uid/456953/highlight/true#U456953
Options

2 Posts

06-30-2011

Toronto

1 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 4 of 6

2011-06-30, 3:06 AM

exact same problem. I just received my laptop new yesterday

Also 2 finger scrolling doesn't work for me.

Options

4 Posts

07-18-2011

Huntsville, AL

4 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 5 of 6

2011-07-23, 2:48 AM
Same problem ://
Options

1 Posts

07-25-2011

Czech Republic

12 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 6 of 6

2011-07-25, 21:54 PM

Hey, I had the same problem and I ve been experiencing some more too, so I went to authorised servis where they replaced me a new mother board - though the problems would not stop. Even the guy from Lenovo didn´t know what to do with this issue. So I simply uninstalled the thinkpad drivers for touchpad and trackpoint and let Windows´ drivers do their job and since then I have no more problems with it. This solution is fine but you´ll miss the advantages of multitouch mousepad, two-finger scrolling or side-scrolling, since windows drivers dont support these features.

I had the same problem with Realtec audio drivers - everything seemed normal but after you wanted to record something, realtec drivers would not allow you. Again I uninstalled it and therefore got rid of the problem with audio.

L420 has seriouse problems with it´s own software configuration because sometimes it happens to me, that camera or fingerprint reader device disappear and I have to reboot the system. It seems to me that thinkpad´s own software does not cope with Windows 7 - and that´s the only issue of this (otherwise brilliant) laptop.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms