cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Views: 4,068

Question

I've recently reinstalled my L420 using my own disk (recovery partition got wiped) and since then I'm having trouble with the volume meter or others call it on screen display volume indicator.

Almost every time that a sound is played by the computer it pops up. Even when the sound is muted. Screenshot is below:

original.png

It's almost identical to the problem described here but I don't have an external monitor attached.

I've tried using the update from that page, but issue is still persisting.

Answer

According to our community user, it turned out that the audio drivers hadn't been properly accepted by Windows.

Please reinstall the Audio Drivers and it should re-appear that it's fixed the problem. If you'd like to download the driver please click the link in table below or alternativelt you can also go to the Lenovo Support site which may have more latest drivers.

Audio
DriverOperating SystemReleased
Audio driver for Windows 8 (32-bit, 64-bit) - Desktops, Notebooks (Windows 8 Inbox driver) ... Learn more

Version
: N/A

Windows 8 32-bit
Windows 8 64-bit
N/A
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Vista (32-bit, 64-bit), XP - ThinkPad ... Learn more

Version
: 6.0.1.6418/5.10.0.6418

Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
 Read me

Windows 7 32bit
Windows 7 64-bit
Windows Vista 32-bit
Windows Vista 64-bit
Windows XP
21 Sep 2011

Was this information helpful?