05-19-2019

AQ

1 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 1 of 2

L430 Touchpad Right Button Acting Same as Left Button

2019-05-19, 19:38 PM

Hello, I'm having a problem with my Thinkpad L430.

The right bottom button on the Touchpad is registering as a left click rather than a right click (which normally brings up the pop-up menu. It is enabled and is set to this in the Elan software. I've also tried changing the command, however it simply doesn't work. When I click the 'mouse button reverse' option in Windows, the left click brings up the pop-up menu, so it probably isn't a software issue but to get a second opinion would be great.

I have all of the latest drivers and software updates, and the Elan software is set up to default. I have also completely reinstalled Windows and rolling back to an earlier driver version, but it still isn't working. Any advice on how to make the right button work again would be greatly appreciated!

I'm running Windows 7. Thanks.

Options

456 Posts

08-02-2018

PH

423 Signins

2278 Page Views

• Views: 2278
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: L430 Touchpad Right Button Acting Same as Left Button

2019-05-22, 4:09 AM

Hi questtion5504!

Thanks for using the community forums.

Could you try to perform a Power Drain on the laptop and check if the issue remains? Here's how to perform a Power Drain https://support.lenovo.com/ph/en/troubleshoot/lpt000352?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6.

Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save