Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patric2
What's DOS?
Views: 399
Message 1 of 2

L440: No Intel graphics after bios update

Hi all.

Levenovo solutions center recently installed the latest version of the bios v1.89 (25 Sep 2017) on my L440 (Win7Pro, 64bit). Right since the reboot after the bios update, the Intel graphics driver does not work anymore. I had to uninstall it in Windows Safe Mode and I am now running my laptop with the standard windows driver, having no access to the Sub-D interface nor to the Display Port.

The only thing I can do is to enter the bios setup and switch between the notebook display and the external sub-d interface as primary screen. This enables me at least to connect a larger screen to the sub-d connector for working, but then I cannot use the notebook screen.

I tried to re-install older versions of the bios. But this fails with a 'incompatibility' message.

I also re-set windows to a previous setup point (to before the lenovo solutions center update action). But this does not help, indicating that it is really a bios issue (which cannot be made undone).

Please, can you give me advice on how to install an older version of the bios? This seems to be the only chance to get my Intel graphics working again.

Cheers,

Patric.

HPBird
Paper Tape
Views: 306
Message 2 of 2

Re: L440: No Intel graphics after bios update

There might be one way to roll back your BIOS.

I run it success with my site, but for any update BIOS might cause the latlop not work...

For example:

I would like to roll back my BIOS version to 1.87. ( The version , It is stabile for me)

You should can find the update directory locate on "C:\DRIVERS\flash\j4uj69ww"

1. Make sure you have allow changed "Secure Roll Back Prevention  [Disable]" under BIOS setup.

2. open command prompt with Administrator privilege.

3. Change directory to "C:\DRIVERS\flash\j4uj69ww"

4.  WinFlash64.exe /sn /sd /bbl /bios /file .\j4et87ww\$0AJ4000.FL1

5. Reboot and flash the BIOS.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors