Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FZiegler
Fanfold Paper
Views: 409
Message 1 of 7

L440: No On Screen Display for FN keys

My laptop really works fine - there's just one point annoying me: For a few days now, I don't have any on screen display anymore for all FN keys: no volume, brightness display - no problem. No Caps display - ehm. No selection for display changing or wifi/bluetooth - I don't have an idea to do it otherwise. No bluetooth entry in the system panel neither. WLAN works fine, but Bluetooth is off.

I want my black on screen alerts back!

I tried with updating the power management - nothing changed. I tried to reinstall the power management driver - nothing.

What can I do?

FZiegler
Fanfold Paper
Views: 405
Message 2 of 7

Re: L440: No On Screen Display for FN keys

One hint says you could activate the on screen display in the display settings. What, please, is the Display Settings dialogue called like in German Win7?

Think, I found it. You could even set the colors of fore- and background. Was already checked. Doesn't solve my problem.

The hotkeys seem to be fine - changing of volume or brightness works - but no OSD at all. What should I try?

Guru
Views: 354
Message 3 of 7

You need to rollback the power management driver not update.  Current driver causes hot key problem. Also causes OSD problem. 

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may help other forum members as well.
TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

FZiegler
Fanfold Paper
Views: 344
Message 4 of 7

A-ha. Well, if this is the case: Where do I get an older version from? It doesn't sound very reassuring...

Thank you!

Highlighted
Guru
Views: 339
Message 5 of 7

The below post is what I followed to roll back my driver.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Latest-Power-Management-Driver-Conflicts...

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may help other forum members as well.
TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

FZiegler
Fanfold Paper
Views: 331
Message 6 of 7

Thanks a lot! I now found some guys in the German forum who had the same problem with win7 on different machines: No on screen display after updating the power management driver to Version 1.67.14.05. Downgrade to 1.67.14.04 solved their problem: Uninstall the power manager in the Windows device manager, then reinstall 1.67.14.04.

Keeping the new version and handling WLAN/Bluetooth via C:\Programme\lenovo\Hotkey\TpFnF5.exe isn't feasable, because with the PM bug, the WLAN/Bluetooth management is totally gone: No differentiation between WLAN and Bluetooth accessible.

FZiegler
Fanfold Paper
Views: 322
Message 7 of 7

A simple thing did the trick for me: Windows device manager, System devices, Lenovo PM Device > Tab "Driver": Previous driver. OSD is back, bluetooth seems to be back, too.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors