Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Glass_Ankles
What's DOS?
Views: 554
Message 1 of 3

L440 - (Plugged in, not charging)

Hi all,

I'm an apprentice IT Technician and I have been left to my own devices to try and fix a few problems that are occuring with an L440 which indicates that the AC adapter is plugged in, but the battery isn't charging. When the laptop is powered off however, and left overnight, it appears that the battery charges as it was on 100% when I came in to work this morning.

Has anyone had this issue before?

The system is running on Windows 10 with 8GB of RAM and an i5-4200M CPU @ 2.50GHz.

Thanks.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 532
Message 2 of 3

Re: L440 - (Plugged in, not charging)

Hello and welcome,;

Any chance it's in airplane mode?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Guru
Views: 528
Message 3 of 3

Re: L440 - (Plugged in, not charging)

Hi,

Just to add to what Z said.  Check the below post.  I know you dont have a P70 but it still applies.  In the post it mentions Lenovo settings.  If you have Lenovo Vantage installed it will have the same settings.  Also check if in Windows 10 you have airplane mode turned on.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P70-Airplane-mode-shuts-off-AC-adapter/t...

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors