Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jesjoergensen
Paper Tape
Views: 1,121
Message 1 of 5

L450 - Lenovo power optimized power plan

Hi!
I recently had to wipe my system and reinstall windows 10 on my Thinkpad L450. After the reinstall of windows, I had lost all of my Lenovo programs. Including the Lenovo Power Optimized power plan, which I really enjoyed using. Is there any way that I can get that power plan back?

So far, I've tried to reinstall the Lenovo settings app, but it hasn't brought the power plan.
I'm really hoping for an answer because the power plan gave me about 3 more hours of usage than the standard widnows power saver plan.

Thank you in advance!
Kind Regards,
Jes

GhostDragon
Paper Tape
Views: 1,079
Message 2 of 5

Re: L450 - Lenovo power optimized power plan

Hi,

I want the lenovo optimized power plan too. The battery life in my laptop has come down a lot after the Windows 10 upgrade. I used to get close to 7 hours. Now i'm getting only about 4 hours. Any suggestions for this?

Jesjoergensen
Paper Tape
Views: 1,071
Message 3 of 5

Hi!
I ended up (sort of) fixing it myself.

I installed the desktop power management app from Lenovo. This app is updated for windows 10 and gives some of the battery hours back.

Hope it helps!

GhostDragon
Paper Tape
Views: 1,064
Message 4 of 5

Hi,

Will definitely try that. How many hours of battery time are you getting from your laptop?

Jesjoergensen
Paper Tape
Views: 1,055
Message 5 of 5

My computer is telling me that it will have power for 6.5 hours on a full charge, which is probably about right. Lowering the light level of the screen definitely helps.

Edit: It's fluctuating a bit. Sometimes, it tells me it has 7.5 hours of power.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors