DK

12 Signins

103 Page Views

• Views: 103
  • Message 1 of 2

L450 - Problem with processor clock speed

2019-03-08, 15:32 PM

Hello
About six months ago, I had a problem where my processor would throttle to 0.79 GHz to save power (even running on wall-power).. I fixed this by updating the BIOS, and haven't had that problem since.

I have, however, gotten a new problem; My processor's clock speed has been fluctuating all over the place. Most of the time, it jumps between 1.69 GHz to 2.09 GHz. This is a bit annoying but I can fix it temporarily by restarting my computer. The base clock is 2.19 GHz, so it shouldn't be lower than that when running on wall-power.
Before this problem arose, I was usually turboing up to 2.89GHz when using it under load. 

Is there any fix to this major fluctuation in clock speed?

Thank you in advance :)

Options

459 Posts

05-02-2019

US

322 Signins

7862 Page Views

• Views: 7862
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: L450 - Problem with processor clock speed

2020-01-23, 17:24 PM

Hi !

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums.

Are you still experiencing the same problem? Sorry for the late response.

CPU fluctuation can be a normal part of computer use, but it can also be an indication that a program is having issues or the computer is infected with malware. Please perform a clean boot where it starts with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your laptop. Please follow the steps here.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete