Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PabloEntropia
Paper Tape
Views: 1,385
Message 1 of 7

L450 suspend problem

Hello,

I've just bought an L450 (without fingerprint reader) and directly updated it to Windows 10. The problem appears after entering suspension mode. When I try to wake it, there is no response: The screen stays on black and the status led continues on.
I tried to update the BIOS to the last version but it is still the same.

Anyone with the same problem or any suggestion?

Thanks,
Pablo.

Guru
Views: 1,369
Message 2 of 7

Re: L450 suspend problem

Did you update any drivers or the BIOS after the upgrade to Windows 10?

Check here for Windows 10 drivers: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-l-series-laptops/thinkpad-l45...

Can you also post the exact model number? (MTM)

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Personal website: ThinkScopes

PabloEntropia
Paper Tape
Views: 1,309
Message 3 of 7

The product number is 20DTS00500

Yes, I uploaded the BIOS to the last version (JDET53WW 1.15)  before creating this post but the problem remained. I  didnt download any driver beause despite the suspending problem every component seems to work properly.

cterek
WWAN
Views: 1,157
Message 4 of 7

I have the same issue. I did an upgrade to Win 10 - then I did a fresh install of Win 10.

Then I downloaded the Lenovo update tool, ran all the updates, starting with the BIOS upgrade (which was listed as "critical").

I'm haing the exact same issue, won't come back from sleep, black screen, little LED is solid.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-L-R-and-SL-series/L450-Win10-can-t-wake-out-of-sleep/td-p/2228...

PabloEntropia
Paper Tape
Views: 1,151
Message 5 of 7

Until now, I have disabled suspend option as a way to not have to shut down the computer. But it will be nice from Lennovo to take some care about all their users that are having the same problem and not having any answer.
Highlighted
cterek
WWAN
Views: 1,113
Message 6 of 7

I have done the same so that it never goes to sleep.

I have also tried to remove the fingerprint scanner driver, same thing happes. Once it goes to sleep, and I hit the power button, it comes back from sleep (fan blowing, lights solid) but the screen stays black and I have to turn off power completely until I can use it again.

12/16 more time spent trying to get this issue sorted out. All posts from others having this issue all point to the "Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver". Ive tried to install the Win 8.1 driver (v10) instead as some suggested, but this didn't work. This is the most annoying problem.

PabloEntropia
Paper Tape
Views: 908
Message 7 of 7

Finally solved the problem!
It was as simple as updating MEI Driver to version 11. Despite that, I think the process of getting into sleep and weaking up again is slower than it should (at least in my case, it is way slower than shooting down and starting back the PC). But at least we can suspend our computers now!
Hope it helps!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors