09-14-2019 08:07 AM
Last week I bought a new ThinkPad L490 (20Q6-S08600) and installed a fresh Windows 10.
Unfortunately, the fingerprint reader is not working with Windows Hello.
When I attempt to register a new fingerprint, Windows Hello shows an error message ("A problem has occured, please try again", roughly translated from german).
The Windows log shows an error of the service WbioSrvc (svchost.exe_WbioSrvc).
Futhermore, after standby the fingerprint reader is deactivated with error code 43 shown in the device manager.
What I have done until now to resolve the issue:
- Numerous reboots
- Reinstall the fingerprint reader driver
- Update all drives via the Lenovo Service Bridge/System Update
- Update the UEFI
- Try the fingerprint reader with the BIOS setting "Enhanced Windows Biometric Security" enabled and disabled
During the last two days the notebook also had two bluescreens (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL). I'm not sure, if this is realted though...
I'm currently out of ideas what to try next, so i would be happy for any ideas for fixes.
11-27-2019 06:38 AM
Hi Lenovo_Flo1! Welcome to our forums community. What is the current Windows 10 version running on your computer? Try running the updates again from the Vantage app. Install all available updates especially the BIOS.
Try running the System File Checker to repair corrupted files.
1. Go to Start --> type cmd > right-click Command Prompt --> select Run as Administrator
2. Now type the sfc/scannow command and hit enter.
Wait for the scanning process to complete and then restart your computer. All corrupted files will be replaced on reboot.
3. If the issue is still present, under the command prompt, type: chkdsk C: /f then hit Enter. Replace C with the letter of your hard drive partition(ex: chkdsk D: /f)
4. Run the /r parameter to repair the issue found(ex: chkdsk C: /r)
Update us how it goes.