Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GregS711
Fanfold Paper
Views: 307
Message 1 of 3

L530 Realtek PCI Media Card Reader

I am trying to read a media card in my L530.  I can read it on my wife's PC fine so it isn't the data card.  The Windows 7 drive window to import or open the directories does not appear.  When I open Explorer the drive is not listed under Computer.  The device appears to be working properly as DM finds no issues and the drivers are current.  Neither does Lenovo's toolkits.  I rebooted just to make sure to no avail.

It seems as though this is a Windows 7 issue more than hardware related, but I am clueless as to where to look for the resolution.  What am I missing?

Greg

Guru
Views: 269
Message 2 of 3

Re: L530 Realtek PCI Media Card Reader

Have you tried a different media card?

I am also clueless, I have never experienced this myself. So I don't know where to start. Usually I would reinstall the operating system and then all the drivers to rule out an installation corruption... But ofcourse back-up your data first. If the reinstall doesnt work then you might want to replace the media card reader.

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Personal website: ThinkScopes

GregS711
Fanfold Paper
Views: 261
Message 3 of 3

Re: L530 Realtek PCI Media Card Reader

The media card is fine.  It works in my camera and also the wife's reader on her laptop.  I did, though, solve it.  I was close to the solution.

In Device Manager you go to the Universal Serial Bus Controllers and uninstall all of the USBs.  They'll come back in Windows 7 as soon as you reboot.  I don't know which one it is that controls the media reader so I just started uninstalling until there weren't any others to do.  I re-booted, logged in, and I was good to go.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors