Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oskar80
Paper Tape
Views: 1,075
Message 1 of 4

L560 - Display flickering

Symptoms:

The laptop's screen randomly flickers, every 5 to 30 minutes. Everything goes black for up to a second (my subjective guess) for a couple times.

This occurs...:

• in every kind of brightness, but it seems to occur more frequently when the "battery saver" mode is selected
  • when in battery and AC mode
  • while using laptop as well as just observing it
  • in different angles of screen to rest of laptop (I tried ~75°, 90° and ~105°)
  • with the newest drivers installed from 01.04.2016 as well as 01.05.2016

The laptop is now around 2 months old and started doing it for the past ~6 weeks, gradually increasing. It runs on Win10 EDU N, IntelHD 520, 8GB RAM, 256SSD, no dedicated graphics card.

Best Regards

oskar80
Paper Tape
Views: 982
Message 2 of 4

Re: L560 - Display flickering

A brief update to my case (still unresolved):

On the 06.05.2016 I sent my laptop via UPS to the logistics center in Frankfurt, Germany, for repair. On the 09.05.2016 it arrived there and one day later, on the 10.05.2016 they updated its status to (losely translated): "repair was stopped, spare parts were ordered". I have been waiting for a continuation of the repair of my laptop for 2 weeks now. After multiple calls the telephonic support could not tell me what parts needed to be repaired, when the repair was going to continue nor when they could send back the laptop. Apart from their pledge that the repair would be done within 5 weekdays, I was told that no later than Monday, the 23.05.2016, I would receive a feedback whether they received the spare parts they needed in order to continue the repair of my laptop. If that wasn't the case, they would send me a new identically built laptop. When I called on the 23.05.2016, I was asked if I wanted to - once again - request for spare parts, this time with a higher priority, or receive a new identically built laptop. I said I wanted a new identically built laptop and in response I receive assurance that a ticket will be opened and the belonging personal would get in touch with me. On the following day (25.05.2016) a responsible person called and said without any further reasoning that the only option would be requesting spare parts with a higher priority. After I declined and insisted on receiving a new identically built laptop the connection suddenly broke and haven't received any further information about this issue.

I am curious of the outcome of this case and hope that it will be positive overall.

Best Regards

oskar80
Paper Tape
Views: 957
Message 3 of 4

2. Update (still not resolved):

The support sent back the laptop on Friday, 27.05.2016 and it arrived on Monday, 30.05.2016, with a note saying they replaced the mother board. Firstly, I was just happy they said it would be repaired. Besides a issue the flickering occured a day later already. The new bug is my fan occasionally turning on high speed and making rather loud noises.

What should I do? I can't cope with another 3-week-lasting repair due to work. Should I try finding some kind of local repair shop that offers Lenovo Repair Support?

Sincerely

pit2004
Paper Tape
Views: 660
Message 4 of 4

Hallo Oskar80,

I have also a Lenovo L560 Notebook with Dockinstation and the same problem as you described.

The external Displays (VGA and DVI) flicker every few hours. Some times the external displays goes off. The notebook display still works. You just can get the external displays working when you take the notebook from the station and plug it in again. This is very annoying.

Windows 10 64-bit and all updates and the newest drivers from lenovo are installed.

Oskar80, how did you manage this problem?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors