cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
L560user
Paper Tape
Views: 455
Message 1 of 2

L560 + Pro Dock trying to connect 3rd screen / Mini Displayport Monitor is recognized but won't work

Help guys I am desperate, I am spending so much money on cables and splitters but nothing is working. 

L560 with a 40A1 Pro Dock.

I have connected one screen using the displayport on the back of my pro dock, another screen on the VGA on the back my pro dock. Then I want to connect a 3rd screen but I have tried everything and it just doesn't work:

-mini displayport from laptop to displayport of monitor, recognized by computer but screen won't turn on goes right into standby mode

-tried a displayport splitter but this doesn't work

-tried a USB 3.0 video adapter to VGA doesn't work

I updated all lenovo drivers incl. bios, all monitors are same and brand new (AOC I2490VXQ)

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 409
Message 2 of 2

Re: L560 + Pro Dock trying to connect 3rd screen / Mini Displayport Monitor is recognized but won't

Hi L560user,

The following 2 links might help you.  The first one is the PSREF sheet which states that the system will only support a maximum of 3 displays so if you are looking for three displays in addition to the internal that is not possible; the internal has to be disabled.

The second link is to the display output configurations for different docking stations, you'll have to currently scroll down to the 40A1 because the link at the top appears to be broken, but according to the table you would need the Notebook DisplayPort out, DP or DVI on the dock (not both) and the VGA on the dock in order to achieve 3 external displays but, as stated, with the internal disabled.

http://psref.lenovo.com/Product/ThinkPad/ThinkPad_L560

https://support.lenovo.com/sk/en/solutions/pd029622

l560dock.PNG

Andy

English Community Leader

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors