Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miguel_mrqz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,089
Message 1 of 3

L560s "Beep" at Startup

Hello,

I have two L560s that at startup will emit a long continuous beep (sort of) at POST that will not cease until I execute a forced shutdown or pull the battery. I am posting this because the beep doesn't actually match any of the error beep codes Lenovo provides. Truth be told the beep sounds more like a high pitched warning tone, but always happen at POST.

I have verified that all connections are properly seated in the docking station including the peripherals (mouse, keyboard and two external monitors). I was lucky once and got one of the systems to POST then boot, all hardware and software diagnostics reported no failure. There were no errors in the Event Viewer that indicated a malfunction, hardware, software, service, or otherwise. I have swapped out every component from monitor down to the cables. I even had the MoBo replaced on one as part of a warranty repair, but no success.

Both laptops tested fine in a lab environment prior to deployment, so I am considering an external factor at play. However, I am being told by maintenance that power loads are balanced and optimal on all outlets in the office suite.

I don't what else to check/diagnose/repair. Has any encountered anything like this before?

ThinkPink
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,857
Message 2 of 3

Re: L560s "Beep" at Startup

miguel_mrqz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,846
Message 3 of 3

Re: L560s "Beep" at Startup

Thank you very much the reply. That describe my situation much closer/neater than I ever put. I had Lenovo replace the system boards on the affected systems and updated BIOS afterward, which has solved the problem for me.

Thank you again.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors