11-23-2019

NZ

2 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 1 of 3

L590 Windows 10 1903 brand new no network shares

2019-11-23, 9:48 AM

My L590 is straight out of the box with no software installed.  I have enabled network discovery and file and printer sharing but I cannot access other computers on my network.

Solved! See the solution
Options

459 Posts

05-02-2019

US

322 Signins

7862 Page Views

• Views: 7862
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: L590 Windows 10 1903 brand new no network shares

2019-11-25, 12:58 PM

Hi !

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums.

Is there an error message when you're trying to access other computers in your network? Kindly tell us more details about the nature of the problem for us to further check.

You may run a system update using ThinkVantage app to keep drivers up to date.

Link here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht037696

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

3 Posts

11-23-2019

NZ

2 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: L590 Windows 10 1903 brand new no network shares

2019-11-25, 18:34 PM

Thank you for your reply.  In fact I now don't believe it was anything to do with Lenovo or the hardware.  It seems to have been a Windows issue.  In case it is any help to others here is the detail:

In file explorer search bar, enter \\computername.  After a long wait get the dreaded message "Windows cannot access \\Computername...".  The only fix I could find was run gpedit.msc, navigate to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Network\LanmanWorkstation.  Change the setting for this to Enable insecure Logon.  Did this on my three computers and now I can access all my shared folders.  Many users, myself included, may think that this fix is not a really good idea, but it was the only way I could find to get access to my shared folders.

Thank you Lenovo forums

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete