Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toto3
Paper Tape
Views: 455
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Companion not recognizing my (sl500 windows 10 32bit) as lenovo device

I recently upgraded my lenovo thinkpad sl500 from windows 7 32bit to windows 10 32bit via windows update, after the upgrade lenovo companion was automaticly installed on my laptop , it requested me to download SystemInterfaceFoundation.exe for the complete use of the program . i downloaded the file from lenovo site and restarted my laptop , after i lunched lenovo companion and i received a message "Lenovo Companion is intended for use on Lenovo devices. We do not recognize your system as lenovo device.If you feel you received this message in error, please contact lenovo support" and i woudnt allow me to use the program. i restarted my labtop several times and reluched the program alot but i still receive this message and i cant use the program. plz help how can fix this.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 448
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Companion not recognizing my (sl500 windows 10 32bit) as lenovo device

Hi toto3,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums. Have you seen the discussion and solution here regarding Companion?   Windows 10 has quite a few security/privacy options. Perhaps reviewing your settings to make sure Lenovo Settings and Lenovo Companion are enabled will help.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

I am not employed by Lenovo or Microsoft. I am a volunteer.

SpywareHammer

toto3
Paper Tape
Views: 400
Message 3 of 5

Re: Lenovo Companion not recognizing my (sl500 windows 10 32bit) as lenovo device

hi and thanks for replying , i checked the discussion but i couldnt find an answer to my problem . i have checked and enabled lenovo companion in all windows settings , and i have sucssefuly downloaded and installed system foundation interface but i still get this error :

"Lenovo Companion is intended for use on Lenovo devices. We do not recognize your system as lenovo device.If you feel you received this message in error, please contact lenovo support"

thetxbuys
Paper Tape
Views: 261
Message 4 of 5

Is there a solution to this problem.  I searched the forums and didn't see one.  I installed Lenovo Companion (via microsoft store) and when I try to launch the app I get the same message noted above ("Lenovo Companion is intended for use on Lenovo devices. We do not recognize your system as a Lenovo device. If you feel you received this message in error, please contact Lenovo Support."  My device is an IdeaPad model Y560p.  Lenovo Settings is working fine and both apps are enabled in Win 10 privacy settings.  Any guidance would be appreciated.

thetxbuys
Paper Tape
Views: 259
Message 5 of 5

Nevermind.  Just installed the Lenovo System Interface Foundation for Windows 10 and my device now seems to be recognized (initially got the same error message but closed and restarted Companion and it appears to be working now). Oddly, Lenovo shows a different serial number for my device in Lenovo Settings and Lenovo Companion than it does when I use "Detect my Product" on the main support page.  What's up with that?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors