English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

08-08-2019

PH

6 Signins

48 Page Views

• Views: 48
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo L340 - Missing Cooling Boost Option

2019-08-20, 18:55 PM

Hi,

I got a L340-15IRH i7 variant.

Some users reported that they are able to enable the cooling boost option by just using the Fn+Q option and notification shows up.

Several users are already reporting the same issue as mine and same TS steps didn't fix any issue.

(my Mobo and hdd just got replaced a week ago by onsite service, fairly brand new laptop, purchased last July 13.)

Some basic TS steps taken:

Updated to latest drivers.

Updated to latest BIOS version

FN key is working

Hotkey is enabled through BIOS.

DFPT was set  to quiet mode - changed it to High performance via BIOS.

Vantage has been removed and installed several times - even clean removal and installation

Still it doesn't work.

I talked to Lenovo Chat support and we couldn't arrive to any conclusion as well. I was informed they will have to check from their end and shoot an email if they find any answers.

Any idea or help is much appreciated.

Betreff: Lenovo L340 - Missing Cooling Boost Option

2019-08-21, 18:08 PM

That is usually a feature on gaming devices, which the L340 is not. Basically no "normal" laptop will have such a feature. Other devices were only able to activate it with the function key because they had that feature, not because that enables some secret modifications. Since you don't have the option for it and the regular key combo for it doesn't do a thing, you don't have the feature and thus don't need to look for it anymore. It's like complaining "Fn+Space key enables the keyboard backlight on similar devices, but not on mine, yet mine should do the same" when you don't have a backlit keyboard. Some devices have a patch to enable these gaming-laptop features when they are missing, but the L340 doesn't have that option for download, even the specific L340 Gaming. So you can assume that you don't have it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save