07-23-2019 01:34 AM
So, I have a problem with my lenovo L430.
It sometimes turns on and sometimes doesn't. When it doesn't turn on, the power button lights up but there is no display on the screen.
However, sometimes it turns on if I try and works smoothly like it is supposed to. But, will revert to the same state after rebooting/powering off.
1. Sometimes turns on by chance but usually screen stays black and power button does light up.
2. Fans are running sometimes.
3. The charging light(on the back) lights up after I try to turn it on. When the charging indicator lights up, laptop doesn't turn on.
Things I have already tried:
1. Reseated RAMs after cleaning.
2. Checked the thermal paste and replaced the thermal paste.
3. Changed RAM.
4. Checked power adapter and with the external display, doesn't work with external display either.
5. I have even reseated my display cables and checked if there was problem there.
6. Tried turning on with/without SSD hard drive and DVD drive.
I am thinking that something is wrong with motherboard. But, why does it turn on ocassionally? Or, could it be because of possibly malfunctioning capacitor in power IC stuff? I did check the board for the heat to find possibly busted ICs but didn't find any?
I haven't updated the Bios because the restart doesn't work and I am not able to boot up BIOS with DVD-Drive.
What do I do?