Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: L, R and SL series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

01-13-2014

Germany

1 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo L540 20AV002YGE delivered with too old intel Intel(R) Wireless-N 7260 driver

2014-01-13, 15:00 PM

Hello,

I had the unfortunate experience that my new L540 with factory installed Windows 7 64 bit professional dropped wireless connections after several minutes. This could only be correct be restarting the wireless driver.

It took me about 5 hours to discover that the driver contains a known bug. I was almost at the point of returning the laptop as being defect until I found through google:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS036007

hidden on this page is the text  that the driver version there fixes the dropping of connection.

None of the update software on the laptop suggested updating this driver and the above page is not so easy to find, or recognize that this is needed at first glance.

After applying the above update the WLAN now works without problems.

Googling reveals that I do not seem to be the only person with this problem, and the ones I found did not manage to find the solution to their problems.

Rene.

Options

2 Posts

01-21-2014

Atlanta, GA

3 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo L540 20AV002YGE delivered with too old intel Intel(R) Wireless-N 7260 driver

2014-01-21, 16:40 PM

I had this same issue right out of the box.  After fighting the dropping wifi connection for 5 days I rent to Intel's site and downloaded the driver inspection tool from http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/wireless and let it do its magic.  It downloaded and installed the new driver.  Going on day 2 with the new driver with no problems at all.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms