Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
artorresmx
Fanfold Paper
Views: 582
Message 1 of 1

Lenovo R400 not booting up / Blank screen

Yesterday I had this issue with my Lenovo R400 and I alredy solved but i want to post the solution on this forum for other people. 

The Problem

My laptop entered in hibernation mode and in the morning that i tried to turn it on it didnt. I pushed the power button i see the lights of 1 and A turned on and off twice, but didnt show the boot screen.. The screen was blank doing nothing.

Solution 1

Disconnect the power cable and battery and push the power button 11 times and in the 11th push the button for 30 seconds. Connect power and push power button. Then you can connect the battery.

Solution 2 (The one that helped me)

Removed the power cable, the battery and the internal battery of CMOS and let it disconnected all for 15 hours. I dont now the exact time that it have to be disconected but i read a post saying 15, maybe with few hours if enought.  Then you connect the cable and push F1 (until beeps)  and turn on the Laptop to enter in Supervisor Mode to set date and time F10 and exit. Connect the CMOS's battery and normal battery and is all.

WARNING

If you reset the CMOS and the laptop have a Supervisor Password enabled and you dont have it  you will be in big problems. Mine laptop didnt have it. I was luck because i didnt know it. Without the Supervisor password you cant set the date/time and the laptop wont boot again. You will need to change the MotherBoard. Or maybe you can find another solution but wont be easy. So be carefull about this.

I hope this can help you. =)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors