Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leki001
Paper Tape
Views: 4,884
Message 1 of 10

Lenovo Vantage not working

hey guys,

a few days ago i made an update for windows 10. since then i had many different issues: first i realised that my finger-print- reader has stoped working, the FN-keys (despite volume and screen-brightness) stopped working and the trackpoint-middle key too. While i was able to revive the finger print reader and partly the trackpoint middle key, i couldn´t made the FN keys working. So i tried to get into the Vantage app to see if the update had changed some settings, but now whenever i try to open the app it alwas makes an problem screen, wanting form me to download the SystemInterfaceFoundation.exe . But after many retrys it still wount solfe the problem. I evan tried it with Lenovo Settings App, but there is the same problem.

If some one can help me with this problem i would be verry happy Smiley Happy

Leon King

P.s. i have an ThinkPad L380 Yoga with an I7-8550U, 16GB Ram running Windows 10 Education Version 1803

Highlighted
Guru
Views: 4,844
Message 2 of 10

Re: Lenovo Vantage not working

Hi,

Uninstall Lenovo Vantage and Lenovo System Interface Foundation. After reboot install Lenovo Vantage from Microsoft store again, but not Lenovo System Interface Foundation. After opening Lenovo Vantage, there will be a link to latest Lenovo System Interface Foundation , download(should be version 1.1.14.0) and install it. 

Also to uninstall Lenovo System Interface Foundation see below

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/HT506070

See if that fixes your problem.

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may help other forum members as well.
TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

leki001
Paper Tape
Views: 4,833
Message 3 of 10

Thanks for the fast answer
Tried it like you told it and now i can perfecly use vantage, make the changes, etc

but despite showing that the fn buttons should work, they still dont do what they have to, nit even the light for indicating that the mike is muttet and the middle mous button now only works for scrolling, not for clicking
leki001
Paper Tape
Views: 4,829
Message 4 of 10

I also did notice, that when i turn on the keyboard-backlight, that it activates but dousn´t give a notification on the screen

Guru
Views: 4,827
Message 5 of 10

Hi,

Have you installed the latest hotkey integration?

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-l-series-laptops/thinkpad-...

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may help other forum members as well.
Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

leki001
Paper Tape
Views: 4,821
Message 6 of 10

Already tried it a few times, always says it finisched installing, but it did change nothing, evan after an reboot

Guru
Views: 4,804
Message 7 of 10

Sorry if this is what you did BUT did you uninstall the hotkey software then reboot then reinstall then reboot?  OR just uninstall, reinstall without reboot?  For me uninstall reboot reinstall reboot works better.

Just wondering.

Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

leki001
Paper Tape
Views: 4,791
Message 8 of 10

I deleted the Windows (CSmiley Happy/ProgramDate/Lenovo/HotKey folder and also the Windows (CSmiley Happy/DRIVER/HotKey Folder

leki001
Paper Tape
Views: 4,790
Message 9 of 10

well, the Smileys happened from the C-Direction :´)

Segio
Paper Tape
Views: 2,559
Message 10 of 10

Hi!

I have the same problem. I already uninstalled the Lenovo Vantage and Lenovo system Interface foundation. However, Lenovo Vantage still does not start.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors