Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: L, R and SL series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

10-27-2009

The Netherlands

10 Signins

73 Page Views

• Views: 73
  • Message 1 of 1

Lenovo support first experience; Rescue&Recovery copy to USB drive feature deletes backup image

2009-10-27, 22:49 PM

Hi All,

Note that I was a registered Lenovo user already when this story started.

It started with a Rescue & Recovery issue. When it is asked to copy a backup to USB drive, it has deleted/overwritten another backup on the USB drive. It happened to be my Vista Business. No warning or anything. I would like to have it back.

So I visited the Lenovo site and tried to troubleshoot. There was no useful information to be found or it was not easily accessible.

Then I tried to submit a request. It warned me for the necessity of a warranty status check.

It offers the auto-detect and the manual status check. None of these worked. The auto-detect was possibly because I use XP. However, the suggested recipe for XP did not work either: I was not offered to install any ActiveX. The manual one gave a “our apologies. No warranty information.”

Anyway, I trust in my warranty, since I bought it only a month ago, so I go on with the ‘submit a request.’ After selecting EMEA, I got a site that is applicable to US only.

Afterwards, I clicked “My account” and got “our apologies” the requested page cannot be found.

Kept on trying, so I went to the forum, and wanted to login. Since I have not received any password, I filled in my registered e-mail address. It said it was not registered.

Finally, I created a new account and I could post this message.

The original issue is in my main interest, while I would not mind if the rest was also picked up.

lenovouser1

Thinkpad SL-300, XP downgraded. 27/10/2009 Tuesday, The Netherlands.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms