cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonitheboni
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,449
Message 1 of 9

Logon with fingerprint does not work after Windows 10 update to 1511 Threshold 2

Logging into Windows with fingerprint and Windows 10 native fingerprint integration did work well after a fresh Windows 10 installation.

However, yesterday I got the Windows 10 Threshold 2 update aka as 1511 update. After this update I cannot logon with my fingerprint anymore. Deleting the fingerprints and re-learning the fingerprints with Windows Hello also does not help. I tried different fingers and did the recognition very careful. But still when locking the windows screen and trying to log on with fingerprint scanner does fail. Windows just says that it's the wrong fingerprint and after 3 attempts I need to enter PIN for logon.

How can I re-enable fingerprint logon?

Driver: 4.5.317.0 ( Synaptics FP sensors ), Signed by Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility 

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 3,407
Message 2 of 9

Re: Logon with fingerprint does not work after Windows 10 update to 1511 Threshold 2

Good day.

Please post which device you have as it may facilitate assistance from the community.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

tonitheboni
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,399
Message 3 of 9

Re: Logon with fingerprint does not work after Windows 10 update to 1511 Threshold 2

Hi Sarbin, it's a Thinkpad L450 Type/Model 20DSS07S00
Sharidin
What's DOS?
Views: 3,391
Message 4 of 9

Hello! I'm having trouble of similar nature with my L540 ThinkPad, product 20AVA0CLGM.

I performed a clean install of Windows 10 yesterday which includes the latest build and I updated all my software and drivers from the support page.

The good news is:
- The Device Manager reports the Fingerprint scanner working correctly with the latest drivers.
- The latest Validity Fingerprint software is installed.
- Windows Hello shows a section for fingerprints.
- I recorded my index finger and it is saved. I tried recording new fingerprint with my index finger again and it recognizes that it already exists so this part is working.

The bad news is:
- The option for fingerprint logon never shows up after restart, log off - log on, lock, etc., only PIN and password options there.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 3,352
Message 5 of 9

Please take a look at dudjack's proposed solution, a change in the Windows 10 settings, in the following linked to thread and please let us know if his suggestion works for you or not;

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-L-R-and-SL-series/No-Windows-Hello-Fingerprint-options-after-u...

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Sharidin
What's DOS?
Views: 3,345
Message 6 of 9

Hello again. Changed the indicated group policies regarding biometrics to enabled, restarted PC, check to ensure they are enabled, recorded fingerprint, still no option for biometrics in login screen... Smiley Sad
Ili1
Punch Card
Views: 3,129
Message 7 of 9

dudjack's solution worked for me.

tonitheboni
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,113
Message 8 of 9

The problem was solved when a new driver was installed by executing Lenovo's 'System Update' Tool on my Thinkpad. The driver installed by the tool is 'Validity common fingerprint driver 4.5.503' ( Windows device manager shows Synaptics FP Sensors driver 4.5.503 )
bstern10
What's DOS?
Views: 165
Message 9 of 9

go to BIOS, go to SBX option, change tu enable, if is enable, exit without saving, then it should work... at least for me

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors