11-29-2015 08:50 AM
Logging into Windows with fingerprint and Windows 10 native fingerprint integration did work well after a fresh Windows 10 installation.
However, yesterday I got the Windows 10 Threshold 2 update aka as 1511 update. After this update I cannot logon with my fingerprint anymore. Deleting the fingerprints and re-learning the fingerprints with Windows Hello also does not help. I tried different fingers and did the recognition very careful. But still when locking the windows screen and trying to log on with fingerprint scanner does fail. Windows just says that it's the wrong fingerprint and after 3 attempts I need to enter PIN for logon.
How can I re-enable fingerprint logon?
Driver: 4.5.317.0 ( Synaptics FP sensors ), Signed by Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-30-2015 11:22 AM
Please post which device you have as it may facilitate assistance from the community.
12-02-2015 02:50 AM - edited 12-02-2015 02:51 AM
Hello! I'm having trouble of similar nature with my L540 ThinkPad, product 20AVA0CLGM.
I performed a clean install of Windows 10 yesterday which includes the latest build and I updated all my software and drivers from the support page.
The good news is:
- The Device Manager reports the Fingerprint scanner working correctly with the latest drivers.
- The latest Validity Fingerprint software is installed.
- Windows Hello shows a section for fingerprints.
- I recorded my index finger and it is saved. I tried recording new fingerprint with my index finger again and it recognizes that it already exists so this part is working.
The bad news is:
- The option for fingerprint logon never shows up after restart, log off - log on, lock, etc., only PIN and password options there.
12-10-2015 07:33 AM
Please take a look at dudjack's proposed solution, a change in the Windows 10 settings, in the following linked to thread and please let us know if his suggestion works for you or not;
English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos
Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
12-10-2015 07:58 AM
01-19-2016 08:20 PM