Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
melp
Paper Tape
Views: 2,172
Message 1 of 4

Missing Drivers for Thinkpad R51 1829-D4F

I had to reformat and reinstall Win XP on my Thinkpad R51 1829-D4F.  A bunch of drivers could not be installed and I can't get my wireless network card to work (most importantly).

I tried to download and install the drivers from this site, but it didn't work or I didn't find the right ones I guess.

Here are what's missing :

! Multimedia Audio Controller

! SM Bus Controller

! USB Bus Controller

! Ethernet Controller

! Ethernet Controller

! Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

! Modem PCI

! Unknown Device

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!  Thanks.

Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 2,160
Message 2 of 4

Re: Missing Drivers for Thinkpad R51 1829-D4F

melp, welcome to the forum,

try using System Update, it should get the drivers you need automatically.

You can find drivers for your R51 on this site, downloading them isn't enough. You basically download a zipped file, you need to double click on them and they will extract to C:\DRIVERS\WIN\abcxyz. It will show you where whilst extracting.

Hope this helps

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

melp
Paper Tape
Views: 2,152
Message 3 of 4

I tried the system update.  It didn't work.  I tried downloading and installing the drivers separately and some of it worked but one Ethernet controller didn't.  I installed the Wireless Lan 802 11 a/b/g and when it installed it, it looked for the Ethernet controller driver that was missing, but I wasn't able to install it.  Any ideas ?
Guru
Views: 2,146
Message 4 of 4

You must go to C>Drivers>Win and run the appropriate setup files from there...all the drivers download in that subfolder by default, but you must unpack them.

For instance, if your wireless card is IBM (atheros) it would be in C>Drivers>Win>Wlanath

If the card is an Intel one: C>Drivers>Win>Wlanint

Hope you're getting the idea...

Good luck.

Cheers,

George

In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410

Collecting dust: T60

Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors