Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
What's DOS?
0 Kudos

My Lenovo Thinkpad R61e cannot change brightness after hotkey update...

I used the thinkvantage system update software to update my power manager and hotkey on screen display features, once upgraded/updated I can no longer control the brightness with the keyboard buttons or any other method. I cannot change power manager profiles either, the only way i resolved this was to reload my pc to its original factory settings thinking the problem was only with power manager. After reloading the pc i Didn't update power manager but updated the hotkey on screen display features with the system update from thinkvantage and now im almost back to square one, now I don't want to update my power manager. The only possible way I can get the brightness to go slightly lower is to activate battery stretch.

Is there a bug fix for this from lenovo because i've looked and i only see bug fixes for the power manager, however they are old and don't do anything for my system (and i actually liked the new power manager features)

0 Kudos

Betreff: My Lenovo Thinkpad R61e cannot change brightness after hotkey update...

This issue is performed by System Update.

Install the Hotkey Features manually.

My home-forum:
Wiki: Deutsches ThinkPad-Wiki English ThinkWiki
My ThinkPad-Collection
Coffee must be like women's eyes: deep black & shiny. ThinkPads have to be like men's feet: deep black & matte!