Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Paper Tape
0 Kudos

New Lenovo L512 experiences slowdowns

I've got a two-month old Lenovo L512 running 32-bit Win 7 with 4 GB of RAM (only 2.9 usable).

I've noticed that the computer tends to run slowly, both when I'm online with a wireless connection at 54 mbps (and a super fast cable modem) and when I'm trying to work offline. I've tried both Firefox 4 and IE 8 to see if it's my browser, but the entire computer is slow.

I have a single virus scan program, I don't have many installed programs, and don't tend to run too many at a time. I've checked the cache size on my browsers. I have plenty of room on my hard driver. I've scanned for viruses and malware. (All clean.)

I'm very frustrated by the slowdowns and am wondering if I have a lemon computer on my hands.

Any recommendations or advice would be appreciated greatly.

Bit Torrent
0 Kudos

Re: New Lenovo L512 experiences slowdowns

Hello mate,

When you are using your computer, do you notice if your hdd activity is important or not ?(hdd led blinking a lot)

You can try to install CCleaner and clean your laptop, defragment your hdd, and get rid of a couple of startup programs.

Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it.

ThinkPad T510 4313-CTO Windows 8 x64 - Intel Core i7-620M - NVIDIA NVS 3100M - 8GB RAM - 240GB SSD- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - Gobi 2000.
ThinkPad Helix 3697-CTO Windows 8.1 x64 - Intel Core i7-3667U - Intel HD Graphics 4000 - 8GB RAM- 256GB SSD - Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 - Ericsson C5621gw