05-21-2008 01:00 PM
06-17-2009 05:11 AM
Here's one solution.
1. Download the SoundMax audio driver for the ThinkPad R60 from the following IBM web page. Please note that the audio driver is not identified as a SoundMax driver on this web page. Look for the 77a224ww.exe file link.
2. Run the setup file for the audio driver: c:\drivers\win\audio\setup.exe
2a) The setup program may indicate that your system does not have a high-definition audio codec. If that happens, exit the installation, and download and install the Realtec audio codec.
Downloading and installing the Realtec high-definition audio codec
2. On the High Definition Audio Codecs page, click the "I accept to the above" check box.
3. Click the Next button.
4. On the Software: Drivers & Utilities page, find the line item for your operating system, and click one of the Go buttons in the Download group of columns.
5. Follow the onscreen instructions. Note: the audio codec is over 20MB in size.
6. After installing the Realtek audio codec, install the SoundMax audio driver, as described above.