Options

2 Posts

05-21-2015

Argentina

1 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 1 of 2

Notebook's keyboard fails, same failure on USB keyboard. Same issue before booting to OS

2015-05-21, 16:06 PM

This is completely bewildering.

Booted my work notebook, entered without any issue my Truecrypt bootloader password. After that, made myself a coffee, came back 10 minutes later and suddenly, most keys fail. Some, if I press 2 or 3 times, they come on screen. Others, not even that. Was not able to login to Windows, it is that bad.

After that, removed the battery, rebooted. Same issue, now I'm not even able to pass the disk encryption software authentication. Weird thing is that all letter keys work if you press shift.

No biggie, I have a USB wireless keyboard, I'll take the notebook for repairs at the office tomorrow. SAME ISSUE.

Never saw anything like this, how can the USB wireless keyboard also fail? I'm not still under the OS, were a configuration might cause this issue things up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a meeting soon that I need to prepare for. And can't go to the office now, won't make it.

Options

2 Posts

05-21-2015

Argentina

1 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Notebook's keyboard fails, same failure on USB keyboard. Same issue before booting to OS

2015-05-21, 17:02 PM
Cleared BIOS/UEFI config by restoring defaults, notebook's keyboard fails, USB works.
At least I can get by. I'm taking it to tech support tomorrow.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save