Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hajo7
Fanfold Paper
Views: 375
Message 1 of 2

Office crashes on L512/L520 under Windows7

We've got the problem, that our colleagues have random Microsoft Office crashes on their Lenovo Thinkpads (L512/L520), sometimes every 2 minutes.

We use Microsoft Office 2003 SP3 and our operating system is Windows 7 Prof x64. Some other users with Windows XP Professional on R500-Thinkpads never had these problems.

All other systems in our company are working well with Windows7/Office2003, only the Lenovo Thinkpads are bringing out these problems. So I think any driver is responsible for the crashes. There is no way to upgrade to Office 2007/2010 at the moment, so this can't be the solution. We did also a reinstallation of Windows7 and Office2003 with all updates.

In another forum, there is the answer, that the Lenovo Bluetooth-driver is responsible for this problem and have to be deactivated in the office COM-addins. But I don't know, if this thread is reliable.

Could anyone help me and my colleagues?

Former Employee
Views: 350
Message 2 of 2

Re: Office crashes on L512/L520 under Windows7

hey hajo7,

try uninstalling the bluetooth driver from one of the units and see if that resolves the issue.

if it does, then you could leave it uninstalled or your could hop over to http://support.lenovo.com and install the latest bluetooth drivers.

once the latest drivers has been installed, try again

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors