Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mbiggs
Paper Tape
Views: 149,403
Message 1 of 9

PCI Simple Communication Controller

Hi, 

I am looking for help, randomly I was having issues, and was told my pci simple communication controller was disabled, without an option to enable it. I ran a search to update the driver and nothing was found. In the meantime I have searched for updates from Intel, Lenovo, and Microsoft. I am working with a Lenovo R400, running Windows 7, 64 bit. 

This is the message I recieve: PCI bus 0, device 3, function 0

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver

*update driver leads in no success. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. 

pagroundhog
802.11n
Views: 148,627
Message 2 of 9

Re: PCI Simple Communication Controller

Hello,

First, I do not own your model; however, I have researched your issue and come up with the following information for your review:

(Excerpted from Intel)

"If the management engine driver (ME) has not been installed, you may see an error on a PCI Simple Communications Controller in Device Manager. The ME software components that need to be installed depend on the system's specific hardware and firmware features."

With the above said, there are ME drivers and firmware updates available for download from Lenovo for your R400 so go to your laptop's "drivers and software download page" and view the available ME updates by expanding the "Advanced System Management" area. 

Good luck!

Guru
Views: 148,619
Message 3 of 9

Identify on this page: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=HT004603

Intel AMT: http://download.lenovo.com/lenovo/content/ddfm/MIGR-70439.html?en_US#amt

--------------------------------
My home-forum: http://www.thinkpad-forum.de
Wiki: Deutsches ThinkPad-Wiki English ThinkWiki
My ThinkPad-Collection
Coffee must be like women's eyes: deep black & shiny. ThinkPads have to be like men's feet: deep black & matte!
Guru
Views: 148,597
Message 4 of 9

If you don't actually need AMT, then I'd just disable the device. I found that the AMT drivers added to DPC latencies.

W520: 2960XM, Q2000M @ 1091/1380, 32GB RAM, 500GB&750GB HDD & 500GB SSD, FHD&MB168B+
X61T: L7500, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
W550s: 5600U, K620M at 1164/1281, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 3K touchscreen
X200s: SL9400, 6GB RAM, 64GB SD card, WXGA+ screen
TPT1: 1839-23U
Mbiggs
Paper Tape
Views: 148,594
Message 5 of 9

Thank you for all your replies... I downloaded the driver, and then I get it is not compatable, and not really discoverable. I am really at a loss! Please let me know how to disable it if you think that would work? 

I am really open to any solutions!! Thank you for your help. 

Guru
Views: 148,591
Message 6 of 9

Disable it in the BIOS under "Config" - "Intel AMT"

--------------------------------
My home-forum: http://www.thinkpad-forum.de
Wiki: Deutsches ThinkPad-Wiki English ThinkWiki
My ThinkPad-Collection
Coffee must be like women's eyes: deep black & shiny. ThinkPads have to be like men's feet: deep black & matte!
pagroundhog
802.11n
Views: 148,543
Message 7 of 9

Hello original poster,

Did you ever get the answer you were looking for and/or get your issue resolved?

Please let us know.

Your feedback is important to the community.

realbuka
Blue Screen Again
Views: 74,979
Message 8 of 9

The same problemon G50-80. It had all started after BIOS "upgrade" (which was a nonsense - you should not have recomended this on your download section, Lenovo!).

Device Manager started to show a couple of drivers lost (USB, Card reader, Earthnet, SM Bus controller and this PCI thing. Most of them were possible to recover quickly, mostly from lenovo-download.

The thing that helps here is  management engine driver (from INTEL).

Willem1933
What's DOS?
Views: 18,648
Message 9 of 9

Where do I find the driver for the PCI Simple Communication Controller that shows an exclamation mark in Device manager in Win 7 32 bit

Top Kudoed Authors