Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tylw
What's DOS?
Views: 694
Message 1 of 2

Problem in uninstalling an older version of Recovery and Rescue

I have a Lenovo R51e notebook and I am trying to upgrade my Rescue and Recovery—Client Security Solution from 3.0 to 4.2. It requires me to uninstall the older version. However, when I tried to uninstall the old version through the Windows Installer, I could not because it said it could not find the folder container the installation package “Rescue and Recovery—Client Security Solution.msi” I somehow possibly have deleted the folder, so I would like to know is there an alternative for me to uninstall the old version? Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks.
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 686
Message 2 of 2

Re: Problem in uninstalling an older version of Recovery and Rescue

hello welcome to the forums

you probably must have cleaned the "temporary files folder" a copy of the msi file you mentioned resides in that area to be used for un-installation/maintainence purposes.... use the windows installer cleanup utility for this purpose you can download it here

if possible try using registry scanners in order to remove the older/obsolete registry entries of the program

note: please mention your country name and mention the system model if possible providing your country name helps others to give you specifc details effectively

Message Edited by samavedam_vijay on 09-01-2008 07:17 PM

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors