Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Akroser
What's DOS?
Views: 530
Message 1 of 2

Problem with CD/DVD

Hello!
Initially, R & R installed in the OS is not fully complete (for example, it can not do backup and restore data, OS). When installing the latest full version of the R & R from the official site over the previous, full functional restored. But it is noticed that when I restart the system, turning on / off the laptop is an appeal to the drive CD/DVD (it was noticed that this occurs just after reinstalling R & R). All would be nothing, but the sound was heard every time is not very happy (still pretty loud) ... In the BIOS setup checked - the first loading OS comes with a hard disk.
How do I fix this constant appeal to the drive CD/DVD?

Laptop: Lenovo SL 500 (611d429)
OS: Windows Vista Home Basic - already installed all available updates.

P.S.. It is possible to adjust the work of the cooler's? There is constant noise, which is still pretty loud sometimes arise from high frequencies ( "squeak"). Works cooler always, even when the notebook is not particularly loaded.

original text in Russian:

Здравствуйте!
Первоначально R&R установленный в ОС идёт не в полном комплекте (к примеру он не может делать бекап и восстановление данных и ОС). При установке последней полной версии R&R с офф. сайта поверх предыдущей весь функционал восстанавливается. Но при этом замечено, что при перезагрузки системы, при включении/выключении ноутбука идёт обращение к дисководу (было замечено что это возникает именно после переустановки R&R, при этом никаких посторонних программ не устанавливал). Всё бы ничего, но звук этот слышать каждый раз не особо радует (довольно таки громкий звук)...В биосе проверил - сначала загрузка ОС идёт с жёсткого диска.
Как устранить это постоянное обращение к дисководу?
Ноутбук: Lenovo SL 500 (611d429), срок эксплуатации пол месяца.
ОС: Windows Vista Home Basic - установил уже все доступные обновления.
P.S.. Существует возможность отрегулировать работу куллера? Возникает постоянный шум, который довольно таки громкий с иногда возникающими высокими частотами ("писк"). Работает куллер всегда, даже когда ноутбук особо не нагружён.

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 522
Message 2 of 2

Re: Problem with CD/DVD

there is something called TPfancontrol (you can download it off the net) check your CPU, GPU, Battery temp, etc also adjust the fan speed, but i am too sure whether it works for the SL, you can have a try.

Regarding the OS, you should request Lenovo send a set of recovery media disks, something must not have installed right when they installed the recovery image on your laptop. You may need to reformat the hdd with these discs. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors