Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lowsfer
What's DOS?
Views: 5,785
Message 1 of 6

Problem with my touchpad(R61)

I've just bought a R61 several days ago. But the touchpad is not working(trachpoint working well). I am sure I have enabled the touchpad. The two click buttons are working but the touch region not.

I have also installed the newest ultranav driver for my laptop style(8918-A23). But still not working.

What's wrong?

I'm in Sydney, Australia. Do I need to send it to lenovo?

Really bad luck! My old HP one was broken and then I bought another new & broken Lenovo!

lowsfer
What's DOS?
Views: 5,786
Message 2 of 6

Re: Problem with my touchpad(R61)

Another thing to show it is a hardware problem: Under two linux distribution, gentoo and fedora 10, the situation is the same as windows vista.
lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 5,774
Message 3 of 6

Where did you buy the machine? Is it from Lenovo or from a computer supplier, if latter is the case, you may need to update your warranty using the invoice from where you got your laptop. Also, the warranty department for Lenovo is in Sydney, but if it is only the touchpad that is giving you the trouble, they will send you a brand new palmrest with the touch pad and everything overnight, you will get it the next day by Toll priority courier. Then install the new palm rest yourself, it should not take you more than 10 min. 

If it is something more sinister than you should get the laptop back within a 5 days turn around period, they will send a courier to pick up the laptop, and within 5 days you should get your laptop back.  

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
stevegough
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,182
Message 4 of 6

My L412 arrived last week--I like it very much.

One problem, though--multitouch does not work properly on the trackpad; sometimes a two finger scroll works, sometimes not, with all other variables unchanged (i.e. same program, web page, etc.)  I'm well versed and have tried changing settings, checked the driver, etc., even had four different friends familiar with multitouch try it, and the conclusion is it's broken.

Hopefully a software issue.  I can't for the life of me figure out who/how to conact at Lenovo; clearly they make it very difficult to get service.  Spending an hour on the phone is not an option for me; I'd rather have the broken multi-touch.

@ lead_org --maybe you can tell me how to get in touch with Lenovo without going through a half hour of telephone frustration?

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 5,162
Message 5 of 6

usually that is the case, if you got warranty from Lenovo, then they would send out a new palmrest to you, which has the new touchpad area.

The parts are usually sent to you using next day express courier, and replacement won't take more than 10 minutes. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Retired Guru
Views: 5,139
Message 6 of 6

I would check it is enabled in bios first

Did a member help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Regards,
GMAC

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors