cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tech_man
Punch Card
Views: 4,342
Message 1 of 7

Problem with the hard-disk password (HDP) user+master, and the supervisor password (SVP).

I installed this passwords earlier to day, but when the computer prompt for the passwords it fails.  It is the same password all over and I'm sure I typed it correctly. I think it is a keyboard layout problem or may be the BIOS generate it's own password, but I'm not sure. My computer has an Norwegian keyboard layout.
My password should be nmo%gX&b, but if type it on an U.S. keyboard it would look like this nmo%gX^b. Are the BIOS assume there is U.S. keyboard?
How do I have to type the password to get it correctly?
My first SL300 was stolen last week, only tree weeks oldSmiley Sad. And I bought this SL300 yesterday. Please help!
ThinkPad SL300 2738-53G S/N:L3B2780: Stolen
ThinkPad SL300 2738-53G S/NSmiley FrustratedL3ACR2M Replaced Unit
ThinkPad SL300 2738-K5G
novice
Punch Card
Views: 4,329
Message 2 of 7

Re: Problem with the hard-disk password (HDP) user+master, and the supervisor password (SVP).

I don't know much about keyboard layout but my idea is the BIOS can not realize special character like $, @, %, ^... or something like that. Just alphanumeric.

Hope this help.

Highlighted
tech_man
Punch Card
Views: 4,312
Message 3 of 7

Re: Problem with the hard-disk password (HDP) user+master, and the supervisor password (SVP).

It sure does for later usageSmiley Very Happy, but I still can't unlock my laptop. I read somewhere else that bios passwords are not case sensitive so I tried to enter it in lowercase nmo5gx6b but that didn't do the trick eihter.
ThinkPad SL300 2738-K5G
Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 4,283
Message 4 of 7

Have you tried it missing out the special characters?

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Sxooter
Token Ring
Views: 4,273
Message 5 of 7

It's also possible you misentered what you thought was the password the first time.  Try typing it the same speed and cadence as you did originally in case you swapepd out a letter here or there.  Otherwise, your mobo is toast and you'll have to have it replaced.
tech_man
Punch Card
Views: 3,332
Message 6 of 7

Problem solved! Missing out the special characters helpedSmiley Happy

ThinkPad SL300 2738-K5G
Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 3,324
Message 7 of 7

That's great to know Smiley Happy glad you got it solved.

This thread in the R-Series board backs this up and may also help other current / future members as this thread will certainy do so. Smiley Happy

Thanks again for posting what worked for you.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors