Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
temmink
What's DOS?
Views: 215
Message 1 of 1

Problems restoring my data from Rescue & Recovery

Hello,

I have a problem with my backup and I have no more ideas how to retrieve my data from that backup:

I use an external hard disk to backup my system and my system crashed last month. I took the opportunity and did some changes to my new system: I switched from 32bit to 64bit Windows 7 and instead of using two partitions I now only use one drive.

I then tried to restore my data from my backup but I could not find my two previous partitions - only one (the system drive C:\). But the data I really want is on the second drive and it is actually there: If I search the external disk, I find the folder "D" with all that "data"-files. If I switch the name of these previous drives I alse get the file-tree displayed in R&R but I cannot restore the data. I guess it's because the files' paths are written in that TOCFILE and if I change the root...

I then tried to use a symlink but my external disk does not support it, so I tried to copy the data to my hard disk but R&R did not even show that backup (don't know what I have to do to make R&R do so: I tried to put it in the folder where R&R creates all the backups, that is RRbackups). 

I also tried to restore my whole previous system but it can only restore one drive (again the old C-drive) and gives me an error: "one or more partitions could not be restored because the partition does not exist". So it seems as if some reference to a path or the like might be broken?

Perhaps you know how to unpack these "data"-files without using R&R or what else I could try. I really appreciate every hint.

Thank you, Gregor 

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors