Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harvest
What's DOS?
Views: 226
Message 1 of 2

Quality parts for L520 N/A from Lenovo

I need two quality replacement parts for my trusty L520 ThinkPad.

I need a battery FRU 45N1001 and I also need a keyboard, both of which appear to be N/A on the Lenovo official site.

I did replace the battery once with what I thought was a quality unit only to find the notebook battery life was less than one hour on full charge. The original 57Wh battery that came with the notebook had a 6 hour lifespan.

Does anyone have a site that sells quality ThinkPad replacement parts as the battery and keyboard for this notebook seem to be N/A from Lenovo?

I really like this notebook and it has been very reliable.

Thanks

Guru
Views: 219
Message 2 of 2

Re: Quality parts for L520 N/A from Lenovo

You can buy from Encompass.  They sell oem parts for Lenovo.  I believe they took over for IBM.  I know that 45N1005 is not the part you are asking for but its listed as the substitute part.  See below 2 links.  Please confirm compatability yourself.  I am just basing it on what the parts site shows.  Also what is your exact MTM?  Are you looking for a English keyboard?

https://lenovo.encompass.com/item/10628293/Lenovo/45N1001/Ba_Rechargeable_Batteries

https://lenovo.encompass.com/item/10646822/Lenovo/45N1005/Ba_Rechargeable_Batteries

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors