cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oscargodson
Paper Tape
Views: 634
Message 1 of 3

Questions about the SL510 [Ubuntu?] (ultranav, spill-proof, etc)

I was going to buy a ThinkPad T, but i seem to be able to get almost the same specs in an SL510 which would ship in 9 days rather than 4+ weeks. A few questions though for the :

Do SLs have spill proof keyboards?

The 6cell batteries, which come with it, dont stick out from the base, correct?  And really, how long do they last?

How well does everything work with Ubuntu 10.x?

Would the Intel Core 2 Duo processor P7570 (2.26GHz, 1066MHz, 3MBL2, 25W) and the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD it comes with be good enough to run Compiz on Ubuntu?

Lastly, what exactly is the difference between the ultranav and a regular "nav". do they both have touchpads and buttons above/below the touchpads along with the red dot in the middle?

ZaZ
Greps Everything
Views: 616
Message 2 of 3

Re: Questions about the SL510 [Ubuntu?] (ultranav, spill-proof, etc)

I can answer a few. The SL500 does indeed have spill resistant keyboard, though it is not spill proof.

The six-cell does not stick out the back. I don't have a SL, but I'd guess about three hours. A lot will depend on the settings like the lower the screen brightness, the better the battery life.

Generally, if you stick with the Intel parts, things work pretty good in Linux. Though I have some experience with Linux, I'm not a Compiz expert.

The UltraNav is the touchpad and the buttons below it as opposed to the stick and its buttons.
Views: 614
Message 3 of 3

Re: Questions about the SL510 [Ubuntu?] (ultranav, spill-proof, etc)

OH, so, if it doesnt have "ultranav" then it doesnt have a touchpad at all?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors